NEET Examination 2021 Pattern
NEET is one test that decides the fate of thousands of students. To make it to the list, it is beneficial for the student to understand the exam pattern of NEET. TG Campus® shares some insights on how NEET tests designed.
NEET exam Pattern 2021
In accordance with the official notification, NEET 2021 will be conducted in offline mode i.e. pen-paper-based mode only. Further the following infographic indicates the expected paper pattern of the NEET 2021 examination:
We can further expand the details as follows:
|1.||Date of Examination||May 2021 (tentative)|
|2.||Number of shifts||One shift|
|3.||Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|4.||Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|5.||Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu|
|6.||Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
Physics -45 Questions
Chemistry -45 Questions
Biology (Botany and Zoology) -90 Questions
|8.||Total Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|9.||Total Marks of Examination||720 Marks|
|10.||Marking Scheme||+ 4 for Correct Answer and -1 for Incorrect Answer|
Mode of Answering Questions
- Candidates need to mark their responses on an OMR sheet for the marking.
- NEET 2021 exam would be conducted only in offline mode i.e. pen and paper mode
- The NEET Exam paper will have only multiple-choice questions and no subjective questions.There would be four options to every multiple-choice question with only one being correct.
- The candidates would be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The exam can be attempted in any of the following languages, namely: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu. The candidates who select any regional language will receive the question paper in the selected language while those candidates who select English as their medium of language will receive the paper in English only.
Pattern of NEET Question Paper
The NEET exam 2021 would include questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The syllabus for the same would be inclusive of class XI and XII.
Physics and Chemistry sections would have 45 questions each while the Biology would have 90 questions which would further be divided equally among Botany and Zoology.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Segregation of Questions Expected:
|Subject||Difficulty Level of Questions||Number of Questions||Total number of Questions|
NEET 2021 Exam Marking Scheme
- There would not be any deduction of marks for unanswered questions.
- It is not possible nor is it allowed to change the answers.
- In case the candidate has selected multiple answers, that would be considered as an incorrect response and there will be negative marking for the same.
- The marking scheme can thus be summarized as follows:
Correct Answer +4 Incorrect answer -1 No answer 0 More than one answer marked 0