NEET Examination Syllabus
NEET helps the Medical Institutes to evaluate the students based on their intellect as well as reasoning. Experts at TG Campus™, through their experience, have compiled a syllabus that will help you prepare for NEET.
NEET 2019 Syllabus
In accordance with the official notification, NEET 2019 Syllabus and NEET 2019 Exam Pattern will be exactly same as it was for the year 2018.
Therefore, it is expected that there would be a total of 180 questions which would be divided equally among the different sections.
Each correct answer would be awarded 4 marks while for every incorrect answer 1 mark would be deducted.
NEET 2019 Exam: Topic-wise Syllabus
- NEET 2019 Syllabus consists of three subjects namely: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Further, CBSE has defined the NEET Syllabus and segregated into topics from Class 11 and Class 12 portions respectively.
The detailed topic-wise syllabus for NEET 2019 has been tabulated below as per the guidelines specified by Medical Council of India (MCI).
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Physical World and Measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s-Block Elements||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plant||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Human Physiology||Ecology and Environment|
NEET 2019 Exam Syllabus Topic-wise Weightage
Based on the last year's pattern, the expected topic-wise weightage for NEET Syllabus 2019 has been given in the tables below for each section in detail.
Weightage of Physics in NEET 2019
- Physics is in general the toughest subject based on questions asked, out of all three subjects.
- NEET 2019 Exam is expected to have lengthy and time-consuming questions in this section.
- Out of 45, there were about 8 difficult questions in Physics last year. This is based on the feedback of the students who attempted NEET 2018 Exam.
It was also found that Mechanics and Magnetism would have maximum weightage in the NEET 2019 exam. Therefore, students should try to give the maximum focus in NEET 2019.
|Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation||7.3%|
|Magnetism & Moving Charges||6.3%|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||5.6%|
|Work, Energy, and Power||5.2%|
|Kinetic Theory & Thermal Properties of Matter||2.0%|
Weightage of Chemistry in NEET 2019
- The next in difficulty level ladder is Chemistry which is considered to be a moderately difficult section in the exam.
- The section contains questions from theoretical and reasoning based to practical.
- Though the NEET exam also has many application-based questions. Thus, the students should focus on the application-based questions as well.
- NEET 2019 Chemistry section would be expected to have more questions from class XII syllabus as compared to class XI.
- There were 24 questions asked from class XII and 21 from class XI in NEET 2018 Exam.
- Based on the past NEET Examinations, the Organic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry are one of the most important portions and carry the maximum weightage.
|The d and f Block Elements||4.4%|
|IUPAC & Isomerism||4.0%|
|Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry||3.8%|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||2.2%|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||1.3%|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||1.0%|
Weightage of Biology in NEET 2019
- The biology section is further divided into Botany and Zoology. Each of these sections have 45 questions.
- The Biology section is considered to be the easiest out of the three sections and therefore helps in students to secure maximum marks.
- As per the NEET 2018, the weightage of questions from class XII syllabus stood at 46 questions while questions from Class XI syllabus stood at 44 questions.
- Further, from the Zoology, the class XII syllabus was found to have more weightage and only 3 questions were asked from class XI in 2018 NEET Exam while from Botany, the class XI was found to have more weightage from where 35 questions were asked.
- Based on the trend of past papers, the NEET 2019 Exam would be expected to have more number of questions from Human Physiology and Plant Diversity.
|Human Physiology Biological Classification Molecular Basis of Inheritance||12.0%|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||8.2%|
|Human Health and Diseases||4.3%|
|Biotechnology: Principles and Processes||3.1%|
|Microbes in Human Welfare||2.7%|
|Strategies for Enhancement of Food Production||1.4%|