NEET 2021 Exam Syllabus
NEET helps the Medical Institutes to evaluate the students based on their intellect as well as reasoning. Experts at TG Campus®, through their experience, have compiled a NEET 2021 exam syllabus that will help you prepare for NEET.
NEET 2021 Syllabus
In accordance with the official notification, NEET 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern will be exactly same as it was for the year 2021.
Therefore, it is expected that there would be a total of 180 questions which would be divided equally among the different sections.
Each correct answer would be awarded 4 marks while for every incorrect answer 1 mark would be deducted.
NEET 2021 Exam: Topic-wise Syllabus
- NEET 2021 Syllabus consists of three subjects namely: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Further, CBSE has defined the NEET Syllabus and segregated into topics from Class 11 and Class 12 portions respectively.
The detailed topic-wise syllabus for NEET 2021 has been tabulated below as per the guidelines specified by Medical Council of India (MCI).
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Physical World and Measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s-Block Elements||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plant||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Human Physiology||Ecology and Environment|
NEET 2021 Exam Syllabus Topic-wise Weightage
Based on the last year's pattern, the expected topic-wise weightage for NEET Syllabus 2021 has been given in the tables below for each section in detail.
Weightage of Physics in NEET 2021
- Physics is in general the toughest subject based on questions asked, out of all three subjects.
- NEET 2021 Exam is expected to have lengthy and time-consuming questions in this section.
It was also found that Mechanics and Magnetism would have maximum weightage in the NEET 2021 exam. Therefore, students should try to give the maximum focus in NEET 2021.
|Heat & Thermodynamics||6.6%|
|Properties of Matter||6.6%|
|Electrostatic Charge, Potential and Capacitance||8.8%|
|Magnetism, Magnetic Effects of Current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||11.1%|
|Modern Physics||13.3 %|
|Ray & Wave Optics||8.8%|
Weightage of Chemistry in NEET 2021
- The next in difficulty level ladder is Chemistry which is considered to be a moderately difficult section in the exam.
- The section contains questions from theoretical and reasoning based to practical.
- Though the NEET exam also has many application-based questions. Thus, the students should focus on the application-based questions as well.
- NEET 2021 Chemistry section would be expected to have more questions from class XII syllabus as compared to class XI.
- Based on the past NEET Examinations, the Organic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry are one of the most important portions and carry the maximum weightage.
|The d and f Block Elements||4.4%|
|IUPAC & Isomerism||4.0%|
|Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry||3.8%|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||2.2%|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||1.3%|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids||1.0%|
Section Wise Weightage in Chemistry:
- 34% Organic Chemistry
- 34% Inorganic Chemistry
- 32% Physical Chemistry
Weightage of Biology in NEET 2021
- The biology section is further divided into Botany and Zoology. Each of these sections have 45 questions.
- The Biology section is considered to be the easiest out of the three sections and therefore helps in students to secure maximum marks.
- Based on the trend of past papers, the NEET 2021 Exam would be expected to have more number of questions from Human Physiology and Plant Diversity.
Botany 11th std important topics- 48.94%
- Diversity in Living world= 8.51%
- Structural organisation in animals & Plants= 8.51%
- Cell Structure and Function= 14.89%
- Plant Physiology= 17.02%
Botany 12th std important topics= 51.06%
- Reproduction in flowering plants= 8.51%
- Genetic & Evolution= 21.28%
- Microbes & human Wellfare= 2.31%
- Ecology & Environment= 19.15%
Zoology 11th std important topics= 48.84%
- Animal Kingdom = 4.65%
- Structural organisation in animals = 4.65%
- Bio molecules= 9.30%
- Breathing & exchange of gasses= 2.33%
- Human physiology= 27.91%
Zoology 12th std important topics= 51.16%
- Reproduction = 13.95%
- Evolution= 6.98%
- Biology & human Wellfare= 2.31%
- Biotechnology= 11.63%